PointsBet may not be the most popular sports betting operator in America, but they are truly unique on the market thanks to the PointsBetting feature. For those who have never heard of it (and we assume there might be loads of you), PointsBetting is spread wagering on steroids.
Although the sportsbook offer traditional betting lines as well, you will no doubts be tempted to experience the thrill of betting on the points.
The main principle of this particular type of wagering can best be explained by the following line: “The more you are right, the more you win”. Such an exotic market determines the amount a bettor would win by the margin of a win or loss of their bet. We will speak more about it below in the article.
PointsBet are headquartered in Australia but they have already expanded into the US market via New Jersey, Iowa, and Indiana subsidiaries earlier. They jumped onto the Great Lakes State on the back of a 20-year partnership with the Lac Vieux Desert Band of Lake Superior Chippewa. As per the agreement, PointsBet Michigan offer both online/mobile and land-based (at the Northern Waters Casino) sports betting services.
Read more about PointsBet Sportsbook at ATS.io for a more up-to-date review.
Table of Contents
PointsBet Michigan Welcome Bonus
PointsBet Michigan do not only set themselves apart from the crowd by the PointsBetting feature. They take pride in housing one of the most lucrative promotional departments in the niche. It involves an attractive welcome package, consisting of the following:
- A Free Bet up to $500 on your First Regular Bet
- A Free Bet up to $500 on your First PointsBetting Wager
In theory, a player can grab up to $1,000 in free bet offers in total. These will only be activated if your inaugural picks (one regular and one PointsBet) let you down.
A free bet is distinct from a first deposit bonus. Instead of giving you the bonus money, PointsBet Michigan will remove the risk of your maiden bet. They stand out from other Great Lakes state sportsbooks for promoting two separate free bets, thus allowing you a chance to place two picks without the risk of losing.
This particular promotion thus does not have regular wagering requirements. It will only be activated if your first bet ends in a loss (both a regular-line bet and PointsBet wager). In this case, you would get a refund (maximum $500) of your stake in the form of free bet credits. You can then place a free bet on any market of your preference, but note the stake will be deducted from the potential winnings (which will then be all yours to keep).
You are not required to utilize any promo code to opt-in for the PointsBet Michigan welcome package.
How to Get PointsBet Michigan Bonus
Just follow these easy steps to claim the free-bet bonuses at PointsBet Michigan:
Time needed: 3 minutes.
Step by step guide on how to claim the PointsBet Michigan Bonus
- Visit PointsBet Michigan
Visit the PointsBet Michigan website or download the app
- Register Account
Complete the registration form at PointsBet
- Make a deposit
Select a payment method and make a deposit. If you want to take the maximum advantage, you should deposit $1,000. You will then have two chances to place bets without any risk involved.
- Place your bets
Place your first bet on a regular market (not through the PointsBetting feature).
Terms and Conditions for the PointsBet Welcome Bonus
- Risk-Free bets win or loss scenario:
- If it wins, you will boost up your account and the promotion will not activate
- If it loses, you will see a 100% refund of your inaugural stake land on your PointsBet Michigan account within 24 hours. The refund comes in the shape of free bet credits
- You can place the risk-free bet on any market and odds you wish
- Potential winnings (not including the free bet stake) will then be yours and you can cash them out if you want
- The same applies to your maiden pick made via the PointsBetting feature
How to Place a Bet at PointsBet Michigan
Although PointsBet Michigan are different from your regular sportsbooks, you will get used to them in no time. Follow these steps to get off to a right-footed start there:
- Head over to the PointsBet Michigan website – www.mi.pointsbet.com
- If you want to use the desktop version, proceed to the registration by clicking the “Sign Up” button in the red box at the top-right corner
- If you prefer to bet on the go, just scroll down until you see the download links for respective Android and iOS apps
- To create a new PointsBet Michigan account, just fill in the boxes within the registration form
- You will be asked to provide personal information such as the full name, date of birth, physical and e-mail addresses, and the last four digits of your Social Security Number
- Once you’ve set it all up, you are ready to deposit and start betting
- To place a bet, just choose the desired sport and competition
- When you open a particular event, you will find several options, including “Fixed Odds”, “Single Game Parlay”, “PointsBetting”, and “Teasers”
- To place a standard bet, just click on the odds and the pick will appear in the bet slip on the right side
- To place a PointsBetting wager, just choose this option and also tap on the odds for your preferred line
- Be careful with PointsBetting because the variance is way higher
- Although your wins might be much greater, the same will apply to the losses
PointsBet Michigan Sports Betting Section
If you like dark colors, PointsBet Michigan may easily become your favorite betting hub. Even if dark is not your cup of tea, the operator’s black background is surprisingly easy on the eye. The interface is very fairly simple. The promotions are highlighted at the top of the main page, just above the most popular upcoming events.
You can see how many wagers are there up for grabs for every single event. The menu at the top-left corner of the page will be your main navigating tool as it features the links to every single portion of the website. It also includes the full A-Z list of sports.
We spoke a lot about PointsBetting above. Here is how it differs from common wagering:
- You bet on a yes or no proposition
- Whether the Lions will beat the Bears by more than three points difference
- If they do, your bet is a winner, if they don’t, your bet is losing
- You bet the Lions to beat the Bears by more than three points difference
- If they win by 10, you will win 7 times your stake because the margin is higher than the standard line by seven times
- Let’s say you bet $10
- With a regular spread, you would win $19 (-110 odds) regardless of the margin (in this case let’s say it’s 10 points)
- With PointsBetting, you would win $70 because the margin is seven times bigger than the standard line
- The same applies to losses, though
- If the Lions lose by three points (the line is three in their favor, meaning the difference is 6), you would lose $60 instead of $10 (as you would do by betting the regular spread)
- As you can see the variance (as well as thrill) is much greater with this type, but so is the risk
- You can cut the risk by putting a cap on the maximum amount you can win or lose through a “stop-loss” feature
Variety of Odds
Players have a wide array of sports to bet on at PointsBet Michigan. It includes the following:
- Aussie Rules
- Motor Racing
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Table Tennis
In general, you will find almost 250 different markets for a regular-season NFL match. Such a broad choice of options puts PointsBet Michigan among the best in the industry. If you add the “Single Game Parlay”, and “PointsBetting” options (available for all popular leagues), you get an exciting package for a top-notch experience. In terms of the odds quality, you will find the -110 odds offered on both ends of the spread and total lines on most occasions.
On top of the regular lines, PointsBet Michigan offer the “Name a Bet” feature where you can request the odds for your custom-made picks.
Variety of Live Betting Odds
Although PointsBet Michigan do not have the strongest live betting department in the niche, they do offer in-play odds for all significant events across the planet. Much like the case is with pre-game bets, the number of markets is directly proportional to the popularity and the quality of the teams involved. For example, you will thus find as few as a single market for low-profile table tennis affairs, but as many as 200 distinct wagering options for an NBA contest. The players can use the “Early Cash Out” feature for both pre-game and live-betting wagering.
Variety of Livestreaming
PointsBet Michigan are teamed up with Genius Sports Group. The partnership secures the operator access to a top-notch live streaming service, courtesy of the company’s Betgenius subsidiary. The main purpose of such a contract was to expand the range of live streaming options for the games played at off-peak times.
The bettors can thus enjoy a broad array of live streams for low-profile events around the globe. This comes in quite handy during the off-season in the mainstream leagues.
Variety of Promotions
PointsBet Michigan host one of the richest promotional sections we have seen out there. The players are in for a vast range of benefits, including some of the following:
- Monday Night Boosters
- Single Game Parlay Insurance
- College Basketball Make it Rain – Receive $3 in free bets for every three-pointer scored in a selected college basketball game if you place a $25+ pre-game wager
- Parlay Booster
- Refer a Friend
- Loyalty Program
Banking Options for PointsBet Michigan
PointsBet Michigan support six depositing methods, but only half of these are available for withdrawals, as follows:
- Credit/Debit Card
- PointsBet Mastercard
- PayPal – Available for withdrawals too
- ACH / e-Check – Available for withdrawals too
- Physically at Northern Waters Casino – Available for withdrawals too
The minimum deposit and withdrawal are $10.
|Payment Method||Processing Time||Payment Type||Deposit Limits||Key Fact|
|PointsBet Mastercaerd||Instant||Online Card||$10 Min / No Max||The most recommended and the easiest methodYou can fund it via the regular credit/debit cards|
|Credit Card||Instant||Credit Card||$10 Min / No Max||Funds available immediatelyBank may charge additional fees|
|Debit Card||Instant||Debit Card||$10 Min / No Max||Funds available immediatelyBank may charge additional fees|
|PayPal||Instant||E-Wallet||$10 Min / No Max||Easy and Quick Deposits|
|Casino Cage||Instant||Cash||$10 Min / No Max||Deposit Directly at the Casino|
|PayNearMe||Instant||Cash||$10 Min / No Max||Buy a Coupon at any 7-Eleven or CVS Store in the StateNo Charges|
|ACH/e-Check||Instant||ACH Transfer||$10 Min / No Max||Money is transferred through the “Automated Clearing House” networkUtilized by US financial institutions|
PointsBet Michigan Mobile and App
PointsBet Michigan allows betting on the go as the players can either download the app (compatible with all iOS and Android-powered) devices or simply visit the operator’s website through the mobile browser. The app functions smoothly and without any laggings. You can do everything you want through it, without a need for visiting the desktop page at all.
PointsBet Michigan Support
PointsBet Michigan provide full-time live chat and e-mail customer support, while you can utilize the telephone support from 8 a.m. to midnight. There is also a dedicated FAQ section available when you hit the “Help” link in the main menu.
The main difference between fixed odds and PointsBetting is in the variance of your potential winnings or losses. Unlike standard bets, these are not fixed and are proportional to the margin of the win or loss (compared to the line given by the sportsbook).
Yes. Anyone who registers a new account at PointsBet Michigan will receive two free bets, up to $500 each. One is given for the standard pick, while the other is associated with PointsBetting.
Yes, PointsBet Michigan are the first betting company to sign a partnership with an MLB franchise. They made a multi-year sponsorship deal with the Detroit Tigers in 2020.
Yes. You have the option to choose between fixed odds (common wagers) and the PointsBetting feature whenever you open a specific event to see the odds.
|Available in States:||Yes|
|Land-Based Partner:||Northern Waters Casino|